New 2016 Pumper Truck
Mayor Rex Matthews said a newly acquired fire truck will serve the citizens of Grand Bank well in the protection of life and property in the years ahead.
The vehicle — a 2016 Freightliner pumper — was officially added to the town’s arsenal of firefighting equipment during a ceremony at the fire hall Oct. 23.
Grand Bank MHA and cabinet minister Darin King presented the keys of the truck to Matthews and fire chief Tony Snook during the event.
“It’s a very positive and rewarding day for the town of Grand Bank and surrounding communities with the arrival of the new fire vehicle,” Matthews said.
“This truck meets all the latest specifications required of a firefighting vehicle, and members of the local fire department have already been trained on the operational aspects of this new equipment.”Snook agreed with the mayor.
“This new vehicle will go a long ways to enhance fire protection for the residents of Grand Bank,” he said.
The fire truck was cost-shared with the provincial government providing 90 per cent of funding and the municipality covering the remaining 10 per cent.
King said the project has been in the works for a number of years and thanked council and fire department for working so diligently on the file.
“Ensuring that our firefighters have access to the updated equipment they require is crucial to the safety of residents, homes and businesses in the community,” he said.
Carl Rose firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on November 3, 2015